Skip to main content

No Cook Banana Pudding


This is for those days when you need banana pudding, and you need it now. It's not made from scratch. But that means there is no sweating over the stove, stirring your precious pudding...waiting...waiting. This is for those days when the baby wouldn't sleep the night before, when your head is absolutely pounding, and you need that banana pudding!! :)

Ingredients:
1 large box (5.1 oz) instant vanilla or banana pudding (I use vanilla)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 carton (8 oz) cool whip
1 box vanilla wafers
3-4 ripe bananas

Directions:
Start by mixing the pudding according to the package directions. You'll want a large bowl for this. Next, make a mess while opening the condensed milk. Don't cuss too loudly, or you might wake the napping baby, and lord knows he needs that sleep. Add the condensed milk and cool whip to the pudding you've already mixed up. Using your finger, scrape the last bits of cool whip out of the carton and eat. Go wash hands. Grab your banana pudding bowl. You know, the one your grandmother always made banana pudding in, and that you were lucky enough that she gave not only that bowl, but the whole set of colored Pyrex bowls to you when you got married. Open the vanilla wafers. Test them to make sure they are fresh. Layer the vanilla wafers, pudding mixture, and bananas in the bowl. Use as many or as few vanilla wafers and bananas as you'd like. Eat the rest of the pudding in the mixing bowl. Wash hands again. Clear off one end of your dining room table so that you can take a picture of the banana pudding for your blog. Realize you should have put more vanilla wafers on top...it looks a bit sparse. Take picture anyway. Go to kitchen, realize you have to clear out the refrigerator so that you'll have space for the banana pudding to chill, which it needs to do for at least a couple of hours. Go take more Advil for that pounding headache. Count down the minutes until you can grab a spoon and dig in.

Realize it's Tuesday, and there's no way you're going to get your Tuesdays with Dorie recipe made today. But at least there's Banana Pudding!!! :)

Katy

Comments

Christi said…
That looks delish and i Hope you had a better day. love you!!
Jennifer said…
I have never made banana pudding before. (or even had it, LOL) I am printing out the recipe though, for my daughter to make on Sunday. She loves bananas.
Sherry G said…
Oh my goodness!! That's the infamous pyrex bowl that my family has been using for generations! The yellow bowl is sacred in the household and is honestly used on a daily basis. It was my grandmother's and it's been passed down to my dad then me. I wrote a lot here but this bowl is so important in my family=)

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte

I recently professed my love of coffee and fancy coffee drinks.  After the success of the Peppermint Mocha , I decided to tackle the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, another one of my favorites.  According to the Starbucks website, it has flavors of "cinnamon, butter and brown sugar".  Well, I covered the cinnamon and brown sugar components, but left out the butter.  And you know what, I think it turned out quite well, if I do say so myself!  I honestly wasn't sure if the cinnamon flavor in the syrup was going to be strong enough, but it was.  I will admit to being impatient and not letting it steep for very long, so the cinnamon flavor might develop more if you do actually let it sit and cool off first.  If you wanted it to be even stronger, you could always add a tiny bit of cinnamon oil to it as well.  But be careful -- a little of that goes a long way! How much to make depends on how much you'll actually use.  I just made a single batch this first time, but considering

Thick and Chewy Snickerdoodles

I admit, I love snickerdoodles.   Cinnamon and vanilla?   Yes, please.   What’s funny is that I never really had them much as a kid, just occasionally in the school cafeteria.   I know, ew. Anyway, snickerdoodles were one of the first cookies that the Munchkin helped make when he was little.   He could help dump everything in the mixer (or “loud noise” as he would call it!) and then it was fun for him to roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar before putting them on the baking sheet. Even since then, my go-to recipe for snickerdoodles has been this one by Emeril.   It’s a great recipe, baking up a thin, crispy cookie (at least when I make them!).   However, I was looking for something different this time, something thicker and chewier.   I found this recipe from the blog How Sweet it Is .   I decided to try it, and while I did keep the ingredient list the same I changed up the method a bit to suit me better.   The result?   What I was looking for – thick and

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

While looking through my notebook, I ran across a recipe that I made oh, about 5 or so years ago. I remember making it. And I remember Sean loving it, which is a miracle considering it has a **shudder** vegetable in it. But I never made it again. I decided why not try it again. I've never made real Chicken Cordon Bleu, and I honestly think I've only eaten it once or twice, so I can't truly compare this casserole to the real thing. I made some changes to the recipe that I found, and in the recipe I've posted below I've made a few tweaks that I think will make it better. It's not a light recipe by any means, but if your New Year's Resolution was to eat healthier, you could probably make some changes to make it health ier ... It was good, but I probably won't make it often. While D and I liked it, Sean and even Kade just picked at it. Oh well. Random, but have I mentioned that school starts back today? I am SO ready. ;) Enjoy! Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole